Video courtesy of Ballistic Arts Media Studio
Hi Teams, supporter and volunteers
Thank you for making the 3rd Annual Ray-Cam Soapbox a great success! We had a lot of fun but also raised money for NASKARZ.
This year’s races featured 50 youth from Ray-Cam, Mount Pleasant and Douglas Park and 22 adult team members from
- Hub International
- Click Foundation
- Ballistic Arts
- Coast Capital
- Pathways to Education
Each year there is a rivalry between the the VPD and the vancouver Fire department and this year was no different! This year was no different with a nail-biting finish between the Chiefs. You can see the video on this tweet
— Constable Stokes (@constablestokes) August 20, 2016
And the winners are…..
1st Place VPD
2nd Place Coast Capital Savings
3rd Place ICBC
In the Junior racers division:
1st Place Deven
2nd Place Vivian
3rd Place Elizabeth
Congratulations Walker on being the MVP of the day.
Many thanks to everyone who made it possible!
The day featured over 25 volunteers with a special thank you to
- Ray-Cam organizing team: Tim , Colin, Bob G and W, Richard, Michelle and Paul.
- Ray-Cam volunteers: Sylvia, Beverly, Coleen Guy and Walker
- NASKARZ youth
- MC Devon for creating a great energy during the event.
- Elders Lorelei and Don for the greeting.
- Volunteers from Economical Family Insurance (United Way), you people are the best!
- VIP’s and guests
- the Good Soup for their food and help
- Mike from VCC for awarding the certificates to NASKARZ youth
- Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation
In addition to raising funds for the program the event brought some great coverage for the program.
CBC: Naskarz soapbox derby raises money for downtown Vancouver youth
Vancouver Courier: Soapbox derby fundraiser helps at-risk youth get on right track – See more at: http://www.vancourier.com/community/soapbox-derby-fundraiser-helps-at-risk-youth-get-on-right-track-
The event was also shared on social media
- Twitter https://twitter.com/hashtag/RayCam?src=hash