Job Posting Autumn 2020 Trainee Positions Essential Service Support
Job Posting– Trainee Position – Apply by August 13, 2020. These positions are supported by a Grant of the Federal Government of Canada.
Ray-Cam Co-operative Centre is located in the Downtown Eastside-Strathcona neighbourhood of Vancouver. The centre provides daycare and out of school care, child and family programs, programming and support to seniors and youth, as well as a variety of social recreational activities for residents of the Downtown Eastside-Strathcona neighbourhoods. The Centre is operated by the Board of Directors of the independent Ray-Cam Co-operative and Community Associations and operates in partnership with the City of Vancouver, Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation and BC Housing. During the COVID19 pandemic we continue to offer essential services and supports in key service areas (childcare and family supports, seniors’ outreach and youth outreach).
We are looking for up to 3 applicants to support key staff in the delivery of essential services this autumn. Work can be focused in specific areas (for example, after school children’s programs), but there will also be an interdisciplinary aspect of this work where successful applicants will work in various service areas.
Some experience working with children and/or youth and/or seniors – volunteering and youth leadership experiences will also be considered
Ability to effectively monitor activities of groups including those made up of several young children.
Some experience working in multi-cultural inner-city settings.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Some leadership skills with children and adults.
Ability to work independently and within a team.
Ability & willingness to work within a culturally, economically and socially diverse community
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing and following Covid19-based health and safety protocols as directed.
- Working with staff to assist in facilitating age-appropriate activities for children.
- Support staff in child-care, youth, family and senior outreach programs.
- Monitor a variety of activities with participants to ensure that activities are safe.
- Assist staff to lead groups and provides basic skills instructions in crafts, games, athletic or similar activities.
- Check facilities, equipment and program activities for safety.
- Performs minor cleaning and janitorial tasks such as sweeping floors or clearing/cleaning activity areas.
- Help with the distribution of food or other supplies to families, children and seniors.
Conditions of employment:
– Successful Police Records clearance.
– As conditions of a position covered by the Canada Summer Jobs grant, the successful applicant must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years.
– Preference will be given to those candidates who have experience working in inner city environments.
Terms of Employment:
September 1, 2020 – December 21, 2020 (16 weeks)
– 17.5 hours per week
– $20.44 per hour plus 4% in lieu of vacation pay
Would need to be available during afternoons
Please note: We are currently in phase 3 of the Covid19 pandemic. Covid19 can currently not be eliminated from society, so there is a risk of transmission. We follow Provincial Health Officer guidelines, VCH and sector guidelines pertaining to Covid19 protocols to limit the risk of transmission and expect all staff to follow these protocols
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter by August 13, 2020 to email@example.com
Thank you to all applicants – Please note: you will only be contacted if you are short-listed for an interview.