How to respond to an ad on Craigslist
On Craigslist each post (ad) has a linked email address. On public computers like ours, you cannot simply click on the link to send an email.* Instead you need to copy and paste the email address into your own email account to send an email from your private email.
- Locate the poster’s email address in the ad. This link can be found on the top left-hand side of the page and will consist of a combination of letters and numbers.
- Highlight and copy the link
- Create a new message
- Paste the address into the “To” field on a new email message. Don’t forget to add a subject line.
- Open your email account. You can do this in a new tab (File>New Tab) or by closing craigslist and going to your email account.
When responding to ads on Craigslist remember:
- You should never have to pay money to apply for a job
- You should make sure someone knows who and where you are having a meeting with people on craigslst.
- You should take a minute to check out all the safety and scam prevention material which can be found on craigslist!
How to search:
Ads can often be in a variety of categories. For example, an ad for a part-time restaurant job may under part-time or food/beverage/hospitality. You can use the search box to look through the whole web site or look at each category individually.
You can use the document below to view step by step guide to learn “How to respond to an advertisement on Craigslist